Monday, December 13, 2004

Distance

Is not measured by time it takes for me to get to you. Neither is it the measured by the space and between us. Distance is the acknowledgement of a limit or a boundary. Which is why some people who have exceeded their limitations say, I have gone the distance. Or when they say it gets me from point A to point B they unknowingly acknowledge that there are 2 boundaries. Two points that represents 2 ends.

For me, distance is my latest decision. To go out of the country. Work in foreign lands. Work alone, in the absence of my peers and loved ones. And with refuge of memories held so dear to comfort me in my moments of solitude. Distance is taking risks and accepting that I will have to sacrifice my Graduate studies. For my work has limited my time and my actions. And has rendered me in a dell, unable to cope and resolve my acads.

I have acknowledged the fact that there are limits. With which I must base my decisions. Such as the the boandary between compromise and sacrifice, friends and lovers, holding back and letting go. I have suffered, endured intolerable pain and survived. I have lost everything and I have gained everything back. I am what I made myself to be. And I thank God for never leaving me. I have gone the distance. I have traveled far and wide. And so now I prepare for my journey home. To where family, friends and people held so dear awaits. I cant wait to say I've been to the end and back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home